Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Migration

You all may not have seen my Sewing/Living room before, or if you need a refresher you can see it here.

In an attempt to prevent the sewing room from merging with the living room (as it has done almost on a daily basis) I am moving. To the basement. With (possiby, in the future) the spiders. I will be sewing while armed with a large can of spider killing spray, so they better not invade my space. Cause if they do, I won't hesitate for a second to spray them to death. Here is a little sneak peek at what is to come (sorry they are just cell phone pics for now).

Dresser, after sanding the veneer off and adding some bracers to it (it was super old and wobbly).

Drawers, the fronts were sanded down and then primed with this deep brown.
Crackle Medium over the dark base
This is after the top-coat dried. The crazy, complicated damask print I used as a stencil that took me ALL DAY to finish cutting out cause it was 9 pages. LOL

And the finished dresser, with the damask print. I have decopaged the bottom drawer, but you will see that in a later post :)

 If you are friends with me on facebook you have probably seen these, and the pictures of the desk I refinished. I am excited to say that I am about half way finished with moving all of my stuff down stairs. I am trying to find/build a book shelf - ish type of thing (not confusing at all, right?) where I can store works in progress and/or finished stuff. But there is a lot of room, and it's not carpet which means clean up will be lots easier. Lots of light too, and since I will be sewing on the desk I can actually use my table for cutting. It's intended purpose :)

Stay tuned for more updates as I go through this process, it's going to be so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment