Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh my goodness!

I'm sorry it has been so long! Two months even! That's just craziness. But, life happens. For those that may not know, my Father-in-law has had cancer for a long time. He finally had to start doing radiation treatments, and my husband and I live the closest to them. Which means we have decided to put a lot of other things on hold and spend time with them. They needed some help getting their garden started, which in turn inspired me to get mine started. It has been so nice to spend time with them, I couldn't be luckier, I absolutely love my husbands parents :) I keep telling Scott how much he is like his father, and the older he gets the more true that becomes. But I can't think of a better person to be like. They really are wonderful. 

Onward! 
I have a great friend that was in need of a hat for an event she is going to be attending this summer, and she asked me to make her a mini top hat. It took me some time digging, and making sure I had the right items in the correct colors. But I did it! It's finally finished. I'm so excited to share the finished product with all my wonderful readers! It was a fairly easy project... or would have been if I hadn't been so horribly under prepared. But that is entirely my own fault. I had to make my own pattern. That's not usually too hard to do, just time consuming. I really should have sketched it out first. I'm so bad about that. Even in my graphic design projects I rarely draw things up first. It's so much faster to manipulate things digitally on my computer that it is for me to draw up a sketch of an idea. One day I will learn! :) Anyway, here are the photos of the finished hat, I hope you enjoy! 


Back view of hat
Front view of hat

No comments:

Post a Comment